Thursday, May 21, 2009

Property rights

I would want my rights as a property owner. To have the divine right to do whatever you want. If you would like to check on the house you can, if you want to kick them out for no reason you can, and if you want to raise their rent you can. I know of a lot of property owners that are stuck with people that are not paying rent, and getting away with it because that law is on their side. Now the owner can not make the payment to the bank because he and or she can afford the home on their own income. Now if that was my house I would want the lessees out of there as fast as possible so I could get a new tenet in there so I could make the mortgage payment.

Now if I was the person that is renting the home or unit I would want the law on my side, I would not want to wake up in the and see some one sitting in the kitchen waiting to talk to me about why the grass was not mowed or the trash was not taken out for a few weeks. That would just suck. I would feel like I am being watched by a baby sitter. I would freak out about everything. A eating on the carpet, having friends over and even having a dinner party, and that is no way to live.

What I am trying to say is that both sides would feel venerable at some point and compromises have to be made. No one is really going to win. But what you can do is just make sure that both ends are covered in a legal binding contract. This is the owners house, but the tenets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment