Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wine Venture at Trader Joes (what a great find)

Vola- Trebbiano Pinot Grigio 2009 12% alcohol. Well most of my friends know I love Red Wine, even more then Red I love Vodka and I don't even touch the white, but when I tasted Vola I LOVED it. Something clicked, this is one of the nicest whites I have had in a long time. But the most shocking part Two-Buck Chuck, yes only $1.99. It is a mixed wine 18% Pinot Grigio and 82% Trebbiano (second largest grape produced for wine) The nose- is floral, grassy, hint of apple and pine. Palate- floral-sweet citrus, pleasant floral fruit finish. For the price I could not recommend a better spring/summer wine. I have not seen it at any other store but Trader Joes, try it and let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. This is a great white for the upcoming summer. Heading over to Joe's for a case tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete